Certified E-Commerce Specialist, E-Commerce Entrepreneur, and E-Commerce Professional Program
(Our official website for this e-commerce education program is now up at http://digitalfilipino.com/cep/)
According to i-Metrics Asia Pacific Corporation, the Philippines’ E-Commerce Intensity Index is at 5% to 8% of our country’s gross domestic product (October 2014 Report). Its E-Commerce Maturity Scorecard also reports 30% of Filipino Internet users purchases are done electronically while 20% for payments done online.
A growing number of companies from micro, small, medium, and large enterprises are investing in promoting their products and services online. Furthermore, using it as a new revenue channel.
E-Commerce needs to be seen as a strategic means to achieve economic growth and must be measured on how it influences our country’s gross domestic product. If the growth of e-commerce will not be dampen and further supported instead, it can reach up to 10% of our GDP in 5 years and 20% in 10 years.
A common dilemma found behind slow e-commerce adoption in business is that there are very few professionals today who have well-rounded knowledge on e-commerce covering business models, buyer persona creation, policies, supply chain management, payment systems, fraud handling, outsourcing, project management, site development, digital marketing, among others.
Hardly are there college educational institutions offering e-commerce education programs. We hope this training will also encourage schools to apply at TESDA and CHED to offer an e-commerce degree or diploma program.
In collaboration with the Asian Institute of E-Commerce and AIE College, we are launching this 11-module blended learning certificate program.
It shall cover the following topics:
E-Commerce Specialist Track (12 units)
Module 1: E-Commerce Business Development (E-Commerce Overview)
- State of E-Commerce
- E-Commerce Business and Revenue Models
- Customer Profiling
- Competitive Analysis
Module 2: Supply Chain Management
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management and Business-to-Business E-Commerce
- Supply Chain Management Processes
- Supply Chain Management Network Design
- Supply Chain Management Plan Creation
Module 3: Payment Systems & Fraud Handling
- E-Commerce Payment Methods
- Fraud Handling and Chargeback
- Security Compliance
Module 4: E-Commerce Marketing & Project Plan
- State of E-Commerce Marketing
- Digital Marketing Approaches
- Customer Relationship Management
- E-Commerce Project Plan
E-Commerce Entrepreneur Track (15 units)
Module 5: E-Commerce Security
- E-Commerce Security Case Studies
- E-Commerce Security Standards
- Hacking and Online Attacks
- Forensics and Working with Authorities
Module 6: E-Commerce Site Development
- Design and Usability
- E-Commerce Solutions
- Online Catalog Build-up
- Site Testing
Module 7: E-Commerce Policies
- E-Commerce Law
- Data Privacy Law
- Cybercrime Law
- Consumer Protection
Module 8: Industry Exposure / Practicum (6 units)
- E-Commerce Summit (organization / participation)
- Practicum OR
- Join a trip to an international country (most likely Singapore) to meet regional players and pitch e-commerce project to prospective investors / partners. Travel airfare, accommodation, and insurance fees shall be shouldered by participants.
E-Commerce Professional Track (9 Units)
Module 9: E-Learning Management
- E-Learning Business Models
- Course Development
- Student Management
Module 10: E-Commerce Improvement & Promotions
- Traffic Funnel Analysis
- Technical Review and User Feedback
- Redesign Build-Up and Launch
- Online Promotions
Module 11: E-Commerce Consulting, Outsourcing, & Project Management
- Dealing with 3rd party entities
- E-Commerce Project Management
- Becoming an E-Commerce Consultant
- Contracts and Business Ethics
- Three thousand pesos (P3,000) per module. Note that module 8 is P6,000.
- Cash payment for 11 modules is thirty thousand (P30,000).
- An official receipt from Asian Institute of E-Commerce / AIE College will be issued to all participants recognizing payment received.
- DigitalFilipino Club Members (updated in their membership payment) shall be entitled to a 20% discount.
1. The training program can be taken purely online by those who are after the certificate course. Certificate is issued to those who will be able to complete the research / report/ project work. The e-learning site will be utilizing the Matrix Learning Management System for proper tracking of student progress.
2. Participants wanting to earn units should comply with the following on a per module (complete an equivalent of 54 hours time spent per module):
- Attend the 8 hour face-to-face lecture. Meals not included.
- Participate in 4 live webinar sessions.
- Take the prelims, midterm, and final exam.
- Do the research / report / actual project work.
Diploma in E-Commerce
Participants who have finished at least 2nd year college can submit their transcript of records for credentialing. Asian Institute of E-Commerce / AIE College will review to see if the participant is qualified to earn a Diploma in Electronic Commerce after completing the whole program.
Bachelor of Science in E-Commerce
Participants who have finished at least 3rd year college can submit their transcript of records for credentialing. Asian Institute of E-Commerce / AIE College will review to see if the participant is qualified to earn a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Commerce after completing the whole program (either as primary or second degree).
E-Commerce Advocate Janette Toral is the subject matter expert for this training program. She will also have guest resource persons joining the face-to-face and live webinar sessions. The students will meet at least 40 resource persons throughout the 11 module program.
Module 1 starts on the following schedule:
- Face-to-Face session on:
- MANILA – January 17, 2015 (Saturday) at Best Western Plus Antel Hotel, Makati Avenue, Makati City from 9 AM to 6 PM. (option to attend the weekly live ONLINE sessions)
- CEBU – January 24, 2015 (Saturday) at Third Team Media, 5th floor IMEZ Building, 502 Pueblo Verde, MEZII, Basak, Lapu-Lapu City from 9 AM to 6 PM. (option to attend the weekly live ONLINE sessions)
- DAVAO – January 31 (Saturday) at Lane Systems, Dr4-5 Wheels and More Drive Compound J.P. Laurel Avenue, Davao City from 9 AM to 6 PM. (option to attend the weekly live ONLINE sessions)
- DAGUPAN – February 7 (Saturday) at AIE College, Tambac District, Dagupan City from 9 AM to 6 PM. (option to attend the weekly live ONLINE sessions)
- Online class starts January 21, 2015 (every Wednesday from 8:30 PM to 10:00 PM)
- Participants outside of Metro Manila can fill-up the online form to express their intention to join. A face-to-face session shall be scheduled accordingly.
Module 2 to 11 Makati schedule:
(Will post Cebu, Davao, Dagupan schedule shortly for the succeeding modules)
- Module 2: February 21 – Face to Face / 25 – Online
- Module 3: March 21 – Face to Face / 25 – Online
- Module 4: April 18 – Face to Face / 22 – Online
- Module 5: May 16 – Face to Face / 20 – Online
- Module 6: June 20 – Face to Face / 24 – Online
- Module 7: July 18 – Face to Face / 22 – Online
- Module 8: August 15 – Face to Face / 19 – Online
- Module 9: September 19 – Face to Face / 23 – Online
- Module 10: October 17 – Face to Face / 21 – Online
- Module 11: November 21 – Face to Face / 25 – Online